Music plays a big part in helping me have a good, healthy, and God-honoring attitude about my life and the people in it (no matter how small).
When things are little tense around the house, I’ll blast a beloved Pandora station or play one of my favorite albums in the living room. When I take a shower, I have my music. In the car — music.
Music has a way of transporting us from our present mindset to a whole different one in just 3 minutes and 21 seconds. It’s a powerful tool. With that in mind, sometimes we need help re-centering our thoughts around the truth about God and our circumstances rather than the situation staring us in the face.
Here are ten tried and true songs for us to add to our playlists to help get and keep us and our minds parked in a healthy space.
1. Praise Goes On – Elevation Worship (Here as in Heaven)
2. Only Hope I’ve Got – Ellie Holcomb (As Sure As the Sun)
3. You Are My One Thing – Bethel Music (We Will Not Be Shaken – Live)
4. Say the Word – Hillsong United (Empires)
5. You Make Me Brave – Bethel Music (You Make Me Brave – Live)
6. Let It Be Jesus – Christy Nockels (Passion: Take It All)
7. Hold Onto Me – Elevation Worship (Here as in Heaven)
8. O’Lord – Lauren Daigle (How Can it Be)
9. Everything is Mine in You – Christy Nockels (Let It Be Jesus – Live)
10. With You Now – Ellie Holcomb (With You Now)
Super bonus tip: if you’re a member of Amazon Prime, several of these songs are available for free through Amazon Music! Build a library and listen directly through your computer, or download the Amazon Music app! Our family is loving this feature.
Are there certain songs and albums that help you re-center your mind and get you to a calm and healthy place? Please share!