These weekend features are to remind us of all of the INGs of life. The Doing. The Nothing. The Speaking (of the Holy Spirit). The Listening (of our hearts).
So for our very first Masterpiece Weekend edition, I (Anne-Renee) would like to share the following with you. Now just because I list these things does not mean you have to love them too. But part of growing in community is sharing your heart, your likes, your deep and not-so-deep ponderings; the things that make you click. Maybe some of these will resonate with you and help you think of your own INGs. As your list is brewing, I’ll share some of mine as we move into the weekend.
I have been obsessively listening to podcasts as of late, trying to analyze and internalize all their details and how-to wisdom. This is like entering a foreign country for me. Suddenly I’m hearing things I’ve never heard before. Intriguing intro music. Down-to-earth humor. Like when you’re shopping around for a new car (or new to you) and suddenly everywhere you look, you see your desired make and model. Yup, same with podcasts. Here’s one of my current faves:
– And of course, I’ve been listening to our own podcasts, editing, tweaking, adding music. (Ok. I’ll admit it. My husband has actually been doing most of this. But I’m a really good listener.) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, all of you who have been listening and sharing our podcast! We are humbled and thrilled to be listed in the “New & Noteworthy” category within the Kids & Family section on iTunes. All because of you, my friends.
This is one of the best compilation websites I’ve ever seen. It’s written and created by a dad and his two daughters (one of whom is our friend Emily P. Freeman). I am amazed and challenged by their heartwarming examples of love and family, as well as just plain enthralled with the creativity represented there. Please note – it is a Member Only site. But worth every dollar. And quite frankly, I like anything with the word HOPE in it! Take a peek at:
– We’ve also been reading a wonderful children’s devotional at our house from Focus on the Family:
I’m warning you, though, it really should be titled “Devotions that make a mom laugh so hard she spits her coffee out.” Good stuff!
Summer and the end of school. We are saying goodbye to 3rd and 4th grade in our household, and saying hello to the in-between. Summer for us means a major change in routine, shifting from mom-at-work to mom-at-home. This means more bicycle rides. Family game nights (which one of my cousins so appropriately named years ago: “A family night of games”). And agenda-less trips to do super important things like buy ice cream and reintroduce ourselves to the swings at the park. It’s a time to simply be and not live out every minute according to the little squares on the calendar.
Spring and all its loveliness. We have had the most gorgeous of Alaskan springs. Warm days. Green galore. Ahhhh. Hoping the heat burns away all the mosquitoes and leaves behind only the pleasurable beauty.
Well that about wraps it up, friends. May you see the fingerprints of the Creator wherever you go this weekend.
Until next time…
What INGs are you looking forward to this weekend? We’d love to hear what’s going on in your world.
Latest posts by Anne-Renee Gumley (see all)
- A Letter to My Young Mom Self - October 16, 2017
- Losing My Cool and Finding Unexpected Grace in Its Place - October 2, 2017
- Because We’re Wired for Friendship - September 12, 2017